Commercial General Liability Insurance
Irvine, Orange County, California

The only way to really protect your business financially is to have Commercial General Liability (CGL). This type of business insurance protects you from damages caused by bodily injury or property damage which your business could be legally liable for.

Your business could be found legally liable if someone is hurt on your property, claims their reputation was damaged by your advertising, or if their property was damaged by your products or operations. These are just a few scenarios. If you have Commercial General Liability Insurance, you can go about your business without having to worry that a lawsuit will financially ruin you.

What does Commercial General Liability Cover?

  • Automatic Additional Insured:

    Coverage is provided for written contracts, agreements and permits.

  • Personal and Advertising Injury:

    Protects against offenses made by you or your staff during the course of business, such as libel, slander, disparagement or copyright infringement in advertisements.

  • Defense Costs:

    Provides coverage for legal expenses for liability claims brought against your business, regardless of who is at fault.

  • Medical Expenses:

    Provides coverage for medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or by your products.

  • Premises and Operations Liability:

    Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others on your premises or in conjunction with your business operations.

  • Products Liability:

    Provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others as a result of your products.


How Much Commercial General Liability Insurance do you Need?

  • Perceived Risk:

    Consider the amount of risk associated with your business operations and functions. For instance, if you manufacture heavy machinery, you would generally need more coverage as compared to another organization that manufactures stuffed animals.

  • Premises and Operations Liability:

    If you operate in a state that has a reputation for rewarding high damages, then you may wish to purchase higher limits of liability.

  • Type of Product Manufactured:

    If you manufacture a dangerous product, you may want to carry higher limits of liability.


You can also purchase additional Umbrella Insurance if you would like a higher limit of liability.

ERM Insurance Brokers understands the risks your business may face. Call us at (949) 222-0444 to learn more about solutions to help protect your business financially.